Date: April 4, 2014
Location: Burtonsville, MD, US
Job Number: 005
Description: Top PEO, specializing in a broad range of HR consulting services, is looking for a Payroll Specialist to join their team. This position greatly impacts this organization and offers career development opportunities for the right candidate.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Perform daily payroll department operations.
- Manage workflow to ensure all payroll transactions are processed accurately and timely.
- Reconcile payroll prior to transmission and validate confirmed reports.
- Understand proper taxation of employer paid benefits.
- Process correct garnishment calculations and compliance.
- 4-6 years experience processing multi-state payroll.
- Working knowledge of payroll best practices.
- Strong knowledge of federal and state regulations.
- Strong work ethic and team player.
- High degree of professionalism.
- Ability to deal sensitively with confidential material
- Strong interpersonal (verbal and written) communication skills.
- Organizational, multi-tasking and prioritizing skills.
Start Date: 4/4/14