Date: March 7, 2016
Location: Burtonsville, MD, US
Worker’s Compensation Claims Manager
Job Number: 0012
At Infiniti HR , the foundation of our business is customer service. We measure success by the clients’ level of satisfaction. We provide services with a relentless pursuit of providing superior quality customer service and a commitment to exceed our clients’ expectations. This impact on a company’s profitability has led to our prestigious standing as one of the top PEOs in the nation. As a premier human resources solutions provider, Infiniti HR can also be the best place to advance and shape your career.
Commitment – Innovation – Teamwork – Accountability – Fun & Adventure
The Worker’s Compensation Claims Manager is responsible for the development, implementation and administration of Infiniti HR’s claims management programs. In this role, the Claims Manager oversees all lines of claims, including Workers’ Compensation, Auto Liability, General Liability, Property, Professional Liability, and Environmental, with the goal of reducing claim costs and duration, while increasing process efficiency. The Manager works in partnership with our TPAs, management, Risk Department, clients, and Legal, as well as with Infiniti HR’s external service providers.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Oversees the management of Workers’ Compensation, Auto Liability, General Liability, Property, Professional Liability and EPLI claims with a primary emphasis on Workers’ Compensation.
- Employs proper claim handling and Infinti HR best practices techniques to protect the integrity of our brand and providing consistent service quality and streamlined processes to add value for our clients.
- Conducts incident investigations over the phone by interviewing account contacts, medical specialists, agents, witnesses, or claimants to compile information.
- Explains benefits and procedures to employers and claimants over the phone and expedites medical treatments, appointments, and return-to-work opportunities.
- Collaborates over the phone with attorneys, medical personnel, and contractors to gain information for claims management.
- Maintains insurance product and company reputation by complying with federal and state regulations.
- Attends hearings, mediations, and file reviews when appropriate.
- Contributes to team effort by accomplishing results for successful claim management as outlined.
- Monitors operations & staff & recommends, when necessary, changes in methods, procedures, structure, & additions or changes in personnel to secure optimum utilization of resources.
- Identify and report key metrics (number/length/type of claims, severity, costs, trends, etc.).
- Education equivalent to a Bachelor’s degree in Risk Management or related field.
- Seven or more years in multi-line claims management in a corporate or broker environment; demonstrating experience managing complex, litigated cases with the focus on Workers’ Compensation and EPLI as well as communicating and negotiating with insurance companies, TPAs, and brokers.
- Associate in Claims (AIC), Associate in Risk Management (ARM), Workers’ Compensation Claims Professional (WCCP), and/or Senior Claim Law Associate (SCLA) designation a plus.
- Demonstrates claim trend analysis skills, including development of management-level scorecards and reports.
- Demonstrates expert knowledge of entire claims management process, including established and emerging cost containment solutions.
- Working knowledge and experience with mediation and arbitration required; demonstrates the ability to effectively negotiate “win-win” outcomes.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills as well as presentation skills.
- Demonstrates excellent analytical, organizational, time management and problem-solving skills.
- Demonstrates sound knowledge of Microsoft Office including Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook and Google. Must possess highly proficient computer skills.
We offer comprehensive Fortune 500® level benefits offering, including medical, dental, vision, disability, coverage, life insurance, 401(k) and more. To work at Infiniti HR is to be part of an HR firm that provides the highest caliber of solutions to clients nationwide, a dynamic and team-oriented atmosphere in which to best use your skills and talents.
Start Date: 3/7/16
Apply: For more information about our company, please visit our website InfinitiHR.com. If you believe this would be the right position for you, please submit your resume and our recruiting specialist will be in touch with qualified candidates in regards to the next steps.