Corporate Social Responsibility Spotlight: Highlighting a Member of the INFINITI HR Family’s Recent Trip to Africa
November 29th, 2016 by Sarah Frye
Infiniti HR is an active corporate citizen and cares about helping the community. We have committed to support nonprofits by means of monetary donations and through community service.
Recently, an INFINITI HR family member: Kayli Hiban traveled to Ghana with the charity Thrive Africa to work on development projects with local stakeholders. For three weeks, Kayli and other millennials volunteered and spread good will in Ghana and Western Africa. INFINITI HR sponsored Kayli’s trip.
On their journey, they spent time getting to know the culture, helping locals, and most importantly, giving back. Their home base was in Kumasi, a city filled with many people located in the Ashanti region of Ghana. In Kumasi, they traveled to three different schools to build and stock libraries. They built shelves, tables, and chairs from wood and painted everything, as well as decorated the room, while being swarmed with children.
Then, they traveled up north to the upper east region of Ghana to Bolgatanga to do service work. Specifically, they were tasked with helping build huts for caregivers. These huts ended up becoming home to many orphans between the ages of 2-16 and their caregivers.
Beyond their service, the group had the opportunity to get to know the people who inhabit this country and were able to experience some of the beauties Ghana has to offer. They saw Mole National Park, went to Kintampo Waterfalls, visited the King’s Palace and the beautiful beach of Cape Coast.
Everyone who attended, including Kayli, said the trip changed her outlook on life and perspective. At INFINITI HR, we’re excited that we were able to support her experience as she brought immense joy to those she encountered, gave back, and became more self-aware.
Below are some of the other corporate social responsibility initiatives and projects, we at INFINITI HR support.
- Infiniti HR Partners with Adopt A Highway Maintenance Corporation & Sponsors a Highway in Frederick and Montgomery County, Maryland
- Infiniti HR Donates the Magic Number to Feed Hungry Kids in Montgomery Maryland – For most kids, the weekend is a cherished chance to play outside, socialize with friends and family and take a break from the weekly routine. However, for nearly 44,000 children in Montgomery County, Maryland, the weekend isn’t so glamorous. It’s the only two days out of the week that they do not get their basic nutritional needs met because they aren’t in school to receive their free and reduced meals. INFINITI HR has joined forces with Kids in Need Distributors (KIND) to make this holiday season a bit sweeter. KIND was founded to meet the needs of Montgomery County’s students seven days a week by sending them home with pre-packaged, nutritional snacks. Infiniti HR has donated the ‘magic number’ that will provide food for one student every weekend for the entire year. The company also plans to get more involved in the future by stocking up on nutritious food at the supermarket, preparing the bags and helping deliver them directly to schools in Montgomery County.
- Confidence Through Courage with First Descents – We sponsor First Descents Charity. They offer young adult cancer fighters and survivors a free outdoor adventure experience designed to empower them to climb, paddle and surf beyond their diagnosis, defy their cancer, reclaim their lives and connect with others doing the same. One of the Infiniti HR principles ran the New York City Marathon in November and has already raised $3,000 for the charity.
- Lily’s Hope – In 2014, we sponsored the Lily’s Hope Golf Benefit. Lily Weaver is one of 50 children in the nation who will get diagnosed with Ewing’s Sarcoma this year. Her family started Lily’s Hope to build funds and bring the community together in support of Lily’s fight.
- Lending a Helping Hand to Senior Helpers by Sponsoring Kick it Up – We’ve partnered with Senior Helper’s and are on a mission to raise awareness about Senior Helpers, as they have become one of the most trusted and distinguished providers of in-home senior care services in the nation. They offer a variety of services, including Alzheimer’s and dementia care, personal and companion care, senior care management and evaluation, surgery assistance, sitter services, veteran’s services and more.
Click the link to view our recent blog: Do Your Managers Really Want To Lead? or check back for more on human resources, payroll, insurance and benefits.